What to Pack
For your Wild West Coast AdventureThe weather on the North West Coast of Vancouver Island is substantially different than Southern British Columbia. Although we enjoy many of the same sunny warm days, the temperatures vary much more between night and day time. Similarly the weather can change several times in a single day regardless of the forecast. So be prepared for it all.
If you come prepared for BC spring or fall weather (rain and shine) you will be adequately prepared.
- Rain Suit - Adult sizes
- All Fishing Equipment
- Soft drinks/mix/water
- WIFI (your own device)
Things to bring:
- Fishing license with Salmon Stamp (see License Information)
- Personal toiletries, warm clothing (pants, sweater, jacket, etc to wear in layers)
- Hat & Sunglasses
- Waterproof Footwear (rubber boots)
- Large cooler (100-150 quart) for transporting fish home with your name marked on it
- BYOB…there is no liquor available for sale in the Village of Kyuquot or at the lodges
- Motion sickness prevention medication (Dramamine, Bonamine, Transderm V)
Special Health related foods:
Although the lodge prepares a range of foods buffet style that is suitable for most diets, the location being remote precludes our ability to get specialty foods (ie//wheat free/gluten free bread). If you require a celiac meal plan please contact the office in advance and we can advise of what we have and what to bring.